NewMooN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewMooN

rodiklisLatest imagesIeškotiRegistruotisPrisijungti

The Onion’s fake news is coming to Toronto as a print newspaper. Should Metro be scared?

Go down 
AutoriusPranešimas
l0ve0fevil

Pranešimų skaičius : 99
Reputacija : 0

The Onion’s fake news is coming to Toronto as a print newspaper. Should Metro be scared? Empty
RašytiTemos pavadinimas: The Onion’s fake news is coming to Toronto as a print newspaper. Should Metro be scared?   The Onion’s fake news is coming to Toronto as a print newspaper. Should Metro be scared? Icon_minitimeTr. 07 06, 2011 4:33 am

I love The Onion - it’s the world’s leading source of fake news and I find that it is it incredibly well written. When I want fake news on TV to entertain me, it’s Fox News and John Stewart and when I want fake news online it’s the Onion.

When I was working at Rogers, a colleague was fooled by a Onion story about a big brand and sent it out via email to a list of people including fairly senior Rogers marketing staff. When I told him The Onion was fake news there was an Oh $#!%% reaction and the aforementioned colleague tried to recall the email and then had to send out a hasty note flagging the story as fake … it had me loling for a week

I’ve been a fan of the Onion for years on the web, but today I learnt that they have a print edition that is distributed for free in 13 US cities and that the print edition is coming to Toronto this fall. I could see myself reading the Onion instead of the Metro if I had to choose between one when looking for free reading material for a subway ride.

People exposed to the Onion for the first time when it comes to Toronto will be exposed to headlines like Justin Bieber Found To Be Cleverly Disguised 51-Year-Old Pedophile and Donald Trump Under Pressure To Prove He’s Not A Pathetic Sack Of Human Scum .

The Onion’s fake news is coming to Toronto as a print newspaper. Should Metro be scared?
Atgal į viršų 
Puslapis 11